CORE VALUES & BELIEFS
The Beliefs and Affirmations of Holmes Bible College include five basic Core Values:
1. Our commitment is to a Bible-centered curriculum. The Bible is the inspired and inerrant Word of God.
- The Curriculum development is carefully engraved around the Bible and theological studies.
- The Secondary courses emphasize professionalism and practical application in ministry.
- The student is carefully guided into preparation for his/her vocation.
2. Our commitment is living by faith.
- The college has consistently from its conception looked to Jehovah Jireh for His care and direction.
- The administration, faculty, and student body are expected to learn lessons of faith by giving sacrificially of time, talents, and finances to God for Kingdom work.
3. Our commitment is to service for Christ and others.
- One should develop a sensitivity to the needs of others around him/her.
- One should be conscientious in dealing with others in relation to Matthew 25:35-36.
- The motto of the College shall be “Living for Others.”
4. Our commitment is to holy living.
- By utilizing the spiritual disciplines of prayer, study of the Word, and building relationships, one should exemplify the fruit of the Spirit.
- One should submit his/her will to God to be set aside for His purpose.
5. Our commitment is to a Spirit-filled life and doctrine.
- Building upon the Pentecostal heritage instilled in those early years of the College, the Spirit-filled life emphasizes that spiritual gifts are available to believers for power in ministry.
- The evangelical calling to fulfill the Great Commission is reliant upon the Holy Spirit’s presence and His supremacy in all facets of one’s life.
Holmes Bible College was established and continues to operate on the basis of several fundamental tenets of the Christian faith.
WE BELIEVE… there is but one living and true God, everlasting; of infinite power, wisdom, and goodness, maker and preserver of all things, both visible and invisible. We believe that in the unity of this Godhead, there are three Persons of one substance, of eternal being, and equal in holiness, justice, wisdom, power, and dignity; the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
WE BELIEVE… the books of the Old and New Testament constitute the Holy Scriptures, which are the inspired and inerrant Word of God and are the supreme authority for faith and practice.
WE BELIEVE… in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His atoning death on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, that He makes intercession for the saints, and we believe in His imminent, personal return in power and glory.
WE BELIEVE… that whosoever will may believe unto salvation, being justified by faith and regenerated in nature, so that they become new creatures in Jesus Christ. A regenerated believer may live free from condemnation by walking in the light of God’s Word. The finally righteous will be rewarded by eternal life in Heaven, and the persistently wicked will suffer the banishment from the presence of the Lord and unending torture in Hell.
WE BELIEVE… that sanctification is an instantaneous definite second work of grace and that a regenerated person may be sanctified subsequent to salvation and that person is set aside for holy living and dedicated service.
WE BELIEVE… in the Holy Spirit proceeding from the Father and the Son, is of one substance, majesty and glory with the Father and Son, very and eternal God.
WE BELIEVE… in the Baptism in the Holy Spirit with the initial evidence of speaking in other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance. This Baptism is obtainable by a definite act of appropriating faith on the part of the fully cleansed believer.
WE BELIEVE… in divine healing provided in the atonement. This healing is for the wholeness of the body by physical healing, emotional healing, and spiritual healing. (James 5:14-16; Mark 16:14; and Isaiah 53:4-5.)
WE BELIEVE… in the resurrection of the dead. Those who die in Christ will be raised in newness of life and be rewarded with eternal life in the presence of God in Heaven. The wicked dead shall be raised to face the judgment of Christ for the deeds committed in the flesh, and they will be banished from the presence of the Lord and suffer unending torture in Hell.
WE BELIEVE… in the imminent, personal, premillennial, second coming of Jesus Christ.
WE BELIEVE… it is the responsibility of every believer to dedicate his/her life to carry out the work of the Great Commission.